Monday, September 14, 2009

Good husband

During pregnancy, for obvious reasons, there is a lot of attention on the woman.  I'd like to dedicate this post to all of the dads out there who have supported their wives through pregnancy - and in particular to my husband, Jason.

Jason has been incredibly involved in this journey from the beginning.  When I took the pregnancy test, he was right there with me, waiting for the results.  He's been to every doctor's appointment except one (he was out of town).  In the first 12 or so weeks, he asked me every day how I was feeling (sometimes this was annoying to me but I know he was just concerned :).  The day we announced the pregnancy to the world, he gave me the most wonderful gift - a beautiful old rocking horse that I had spotted months prior to the pregnancy and fallen in love with.  Many nights, he gets in bed and reads his "Expectant Father" book.  On a more practical level, he took over grocery shopping (which he hates) the week that work and life in general sent me into a fit of tears.  Between my mom's and Jason's help, I have hardly touched house-cleaning supplies in 4 months.  Last weekend when I ran out of time to go birthday present shopping for the 2- and 5-year old boys across the street, Jason went to Target and Toys-R-Us in search of the perfect gifts.  He's done all of this (and more) while keeping up with his regular responsibilities and going through a particularly stressful time at work.  One of my goals is to shed the "grass is always greener" mentality and appreciate what I have here and now.  I am grateful for the support I get from my husband.  This experience is so much better with a partner!  Now, if I can just get him to fix dinner, everything will be perfect...

4 comments:

Amanda B. said...

What a guy...love the post. :)

Beth said...

It is so awesome going through pregnancy when you have a supportive husband by your side. I think Jason is going to make an awesome dad! I love your attitude, by the way. It's easy to focus on the things that are "wrong" without noticing all that there is to appreciate.

Beth said...

Forgive my overuse of the word "awesome." :)

Mollie said...

Jon and I read this post together last night and he said, "Jason and I sound a lot alike!" He is NOT kidding. That man did everything under the sun for me when I was pregnant. You are so blessed. Jason is so selfless and you will appreciate it even MORE once baby is here. And I'm SOOOOOO excited to chat about it along the way with you!