Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cravings

A lot of people have been asking if I have any cravings.  Nothing ever stands out in my mind, but I know I'm not eating the same as I did pre-pregnancy.  For example, I recently rediscovered Lucky Charms after a 10-year hiatus.  They have been totally hitting the spot, and definitely my breakfast of choice these days. (Mornings are still rough, so whatever sounds good in the morning goes!)

More than once, I have eaten dill pickles immediately followed by ice cream for my evening snack.  I always thought that stereotype was a joke, but not in my case!  If I ever eat them together, then I'll seek help...

Other cravings have included Cheese-Its, Doritos, ham and cheese sandwiches, and cheese sticks (see a pattern here?). 

Despite my not-so-healthy cravings, now that I feel better most days I'm trying to eat as balanced of a diet as possible.  As my appetite grows, it gets easier to include all of the food groups somewhere in there!

1 comment:

Mollie said...

I wanted Doritos too!! I took them everyday in my lunch. My students started bringing them to school too. I think they realized I would let them eat in class if they brought me some. ;)