Monday, October 5, 2009

A World of Worry

Happy Fall!  My belly is starting to look like the pumpkin we got this weekend.



(not our actual pumpkin, but close enough)

I have really enjoyed being pregnant.  While I haven't felt my best and it certainly isn't glamorous, having a baby in your belly brings a special meaning to your life that can't be described.  I've recently realized that this new venture also comes with a whole new set of worries...

First Trimester:
  • Not being ready to share the news, but feeling like everyone around me MUST know that I'm pregnant
  • Nausea/morning sickness means a very unbalanced diet - is the baby getting enough nutrients?
  • Do I get allow myself to get emotionally attached or protect my feelings in case something goes wrong?
  • How do I think of this "thing" inside me as a baby instead of the blob it looks like on the first ultrasound?
Second Trimester:
  • When will I stop looking fat and start looking pregnant?
  • Have I felt the baby move today? (Baby Huffman is very active, but he has a pattern of 1 or 2 active days followed by 1 or 2 less active days, and the latter can be torture!)
  • Where is my belly button going? :)
  • How in the heck are we going to get everything done before he arrives?
  • What IS a bumbo, a boppy, a bumper??
As the third trimester and baby's entrance into the world approaches, I'm sure the worries - and the fun - will continue.  I wouldn't trade them for anything, and I can only figure that this is God's way of preparing us for parenthood!

1 comment:

Mollie said...

Kate and I are ready for a trip to Babies R Us! Bumbos and boppies are good, but most pediatricians will tell you not to use bumpers. So fun to see you Sunday as we passed each other- your belly is precious!