Thursday, October 29, 2009

25 weeks

This week hasn't exactly gone as planned.  After fighting what I thought was a cold, yesterday I was officially diagnosed with the H1N1 virus (swine flu).  Luckily when my fever developed on Tuesday evening, my doctor put me on Tamiflu just in case.  Between that and having the H1N1 vaccine in my system since last Friday, my body is fighting the virus well and my case seems to be fairly mild.  The baby is still kicking a ton which is comforting. 

Jason had already taken off of work this week for house projects...it's been nice to have him taking care of me.  It probably goes without saying that he hasn't been able to get to many of those projects yet.  He started painting the nursery today - it is GREEN.  Check it out (this is the sample - real pictures to come):




We were able to register on Sunday at Babies R Us and Target.  As expected, it was completely overwhelming.  Kidding - it wasn't that bad.  There were some decisions to make in the store, but doing research in advance helped a ton.  My only suggestion to Babies R Us is to provide motorized carts for pregnant women - walking around/standing for 3+ hours is pretty tough on the lower back these days!

Hopefully baby bump pics will resume next week when I'm showered and wearing more than my PJs. :)

2 comments:

Rebecca Lauren said...

sorry to blog-stalk but i am so glad i found you on here! i'm so happy for you and jason! you are going to make such an adorable mom! :)

Ashley said...

Rebecca, you're funny! Thanks for the well wishes. Big congrats are in order for you too - hope you're loving married life!!