Tuesday, October 20, 2009

24 week update

Today was our 24-week appointment.  Everything went well and we heard the baby's heartbeat, which is going at a strong 150 beats per minute.  Apparently my blood pressure was a little high but not enough to cause the doctor concern.

We had a wonderful weekend in the mountains and had relative success with the baby's name!  While we haven't picked "the one", the list has been narrowed down to 6.  If that doesn't sound very impressive, keep in mind that we started with 90.  Those of you who know Jason know that he is very thorough, so we went through every boy name in our baby name book and wrote down anything remotely appealing.  All that to say that we're very happy with our list of 6 right now.  It's going to be really hard to pick just one because I like them all!

This week my homework is to research baby products so we can register this weekend.  I'm feeling a little excitement and a little dread about this process.  It is very overwhelming!

A couple photos from the weekend...







3 comments:

Mollie said...

We're ready for Babies R Us! Call when you want to take a field trip!!

Amanda B. said...

Glad you guys had a nice time this weekend. :)

Courtney said...

Hey Ash - I just finished registering mostly (and SCOURED many friends registries from the last couple of years and emailed new moms from the last couple of years too). So if you want a starting point, look me up on Babies R Us (and I also registered at The Natural Baby Co., but not sure if y'all are interested in reusable diapers or not??) Also, borrow from a friend or buy the book Baby Bargains - it rates TONS of items and helped me narrow down so much. Also, go to Babies R Us with a new mom and find out what they've tried and hated and what they haven't used. All just ideas for what has helped me in the last month. I was overwhelmed before I started, but actually had a blast picking out all the goodies!