Monday, November 23, 2009

Work plans

Many people have asked about our plans after the baby is born.  After a 12-week maternity leave, I'll be returning to my current employer (Royall & Company) where I've been a Senior Account Manager for several years now.  I'm lucky that many of my co-workers have young children, and the culture lends itself to a good work-life balance for the most part.  Right around the time that the baby's due, Jason's employer (First Market Bank) will finalize its merge with Union Bank & Trust and his job will change a bit. Thank goodness he has a job! Unfortunately, his commute will double, but we're not going to worry about that right now :) 

Jason and I are thrilled that his mother has offered to take care of the baby full-time after I return to work.  She is wonderful with children and we're as excited as she is about it - I just hope she remembers how much work it is!  My mom is a teacher and has summers off, so she will get as many opportunities as she wants to play "day care" during the adjustment period.

No doubt that 2010 is going to be an exciting and interesting year for the Huffman household.  If you see me looking like this, don't be too surprised!

No comments: