Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow vacation

It's 5 days before Christmas and there's a foot of snow on the ground.  I'm off of work for the next week.  I haven't left my house for 2 days and it's been GREAT.  A lot of much-needed productivity AND relaxation has been had.

Yesterday, we finally did our Christmas cards.  Unfortunately our Christmas letter, which took 2 print jobs to get right, didn't fit in the photo card envelopes.  Rather than fold the letter to make it fit, Jason took it upon himself to trim the sides.  It wasn't our best effort, but they're done and they turned out great.  Now we'll be lucky if they arrive in people's mailboxes before Christmas! 

I spent the bulk of today opening, sorting, washing, and organizing everything in the baby's room (including the cutest diaper cake that my mother-in-law made). Even though we won't get the rest of our furniture until January, I want to do everything I can now.  Four full loads of laundry later, this baby already has quite the wardrobe, and it makes his mom and dad proud! :)

In the midst of all of the productivity, we squeezed in a Christmas movie (The Polar Express), some baking, and a few decent meals, with lots and lots of Christmas music in the background.

Tomorrow, let the Christmas shopping begin (yep, that's right).  Happy Holidays, everyone!

No comments: