Tuesday, December 8, 2009

30 weeks and counting

My delay in blogging should give you an idea of the kind of December we're having - busy busy busy!!  'Tis the season.  Despite the busy-ness (and stress), it has been fun to do holiday decorating and activities along with baby preparations.  In my head, Christmas has been the last big "landmark" before the baby's arrival, and Christmas is 2.5 weeks away.  Yikes!

I am just past the 30-week mark.  The baby recently got the hiccups which was completely fascinating.  His movements are quite pronounced and frequent on a daily basis.  Something tells me we're going to have a very active little boy on our hands.

We got our rocker/glider, so there is now one piece of furniture in the nursery!  I'll post a photo of that soon.  Still waiting on the rest of the nursery furniture to arrive, which is really testing our patience (not that there aren't a million other projects to do in the meantime).


Last night, we attended our first official class.  I'll spare you the details as the topic was breastfeeding.  What I will say is that I was completed impressed with the high attendance of dads and the fact that they asked more questions than the moms.  We learned a lot and I felt a sense of relief in having some information told to me point-blank by an "expert" - I think I'm growing tired of weeding through books and advice.  Sometimes I just want someone to tell me what to do!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Yay! You look so cute! I had trouble with breastfeeding at first and had to use a nipple shield for the first two months. (Yes, I'm totally comfortable with talking about these kinds of things after all that I've been through!) Everything is great now though, and I plan to continue at least until Eleanor is one. I started going to a breastfeeding support group and I still go, mainly just for the social aspect at this point. I HIGHLY recommend going to a group like that if there's one around you. Anyway, I have learned a lot, so if you ever have any questions feel free to ask. Nothing embarrasses me anymore. :)

Ashley said...

Thanks for the info, Beth! I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions when the time comes...

Bassett said...

I was trying to get out of taking that one :P

good to hear that there were men there, as we're trying to take one ourselves, I didn't know if it was appropriate or not for me to go ...

Ashley said...

You will learn a lot, Brian! By the end, you probably won't even be uncomfortable. :)