Saturday, August 14, 2010

First vacation & First Tooth

We survived our first beach vacation with the little guy!  It was a great week overall, but not the relaxing beach vacation we used to know.  If there is one thing about Cooper that's predictable, it's that he isn't a fan of new things (he just takes some time to warm up).  So not surprisingly, he wasn't a huge fan of the beach.  Throughout the week, he took a few beach naps, went for a few walks along the shore in the Baby Bjorn, and hung out in the baby pool for a few minutes at a time.  Thanks to the help of my in-laws, Jason and I got a few hours on the beach here and there, sans Cooper.

Cooper is getting his first tooth.  I can feel it on his bottom gum.  I'm excited for this milestone but not excited for the challenges that come with it!  Honestly, sleep was already such an issue for us that it hasn't been much worse!

In terms of the sleep woes from my previous post, we have come a long way but have a long way to go.  Cooper can soothe himself to sleep at night.  He still has trouble with naps - getting and staying asleep.  And he's still waking up quite a bit during the night.  Someday we will sleep again!

First time seeing the ocean

Bumbo time in the baby pool

Like I said, he wasn't such a fan...
Beach nap!
All tuckered out in Grandma's arms
Ready to party

2 comments:

Summer said...

the picture of him in the sand is hilarious!

Amanda B. said...

I love these pictures, but I really can't wait to see him in person this weekend. :